Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ranting about dance, TotS, and other junk. (Archive from May 2013)

So today I was sitting in class with a killer headache and a wandering mind. Class was good (though it seems to be more of a History of Slavery than a History of the United States so far) but I had a thought occur to me.

I should be posting in my blog!

So, here I am, posting for no one in particular. I guess that makes my blog a kind of personal journal. Oh well.

Anyway, about my week. I love dance practice (Thursday was AWESOME) and am having a blast. For those of you who don't know I am involved with Ballroom Dance on the InMotion Dance Team. It is one of the best parts of my week and I love it so much.

One thing that bugs me, though, are the attitudes of some of the dancers. Now, I ain't namin' no names, but suffice it to say that a good number of people on the team don't give it their a-game. My partners have all been awesome, but I know a few people who...

My Thursdays


Yeah. Kinda.

The saddest thing is that the instructors put in so much time and effort into the team that I am constantly amazed. Take it from someone who knows, choreographing a dance is NOT easy. I find myself banging my head against the wall after five minutes of looking at dance charts.

A dance I once choreographed
So, yeah. Not easy. On top of that, you have costumes that need to be sewed, venues that need to be booked (and dancers who need to be informed of performances) and extra practices. It is not an easy endevour, let me tell you.

So it still makes me a little sad that kids are complaining about not liking this dance or that move. The teachers are pouring their life and soul into this team. Please respect that!

...

...

Sorry, I was really venting there. Let me change the subject.

I am currently helping to direct a play. While this is super-fantabulous (Taming of the Shrew opens in two weeks!) it is very busy as well. I love the director (who is also pouring her heart and soul into the play) and the actors, but the work is warming up. It always gets like this in the last two weeks, and I'm not complaining, but right now I feel like

Monday!
School is skool, I suppose. I am doing great in my classes, and having a good time.

So, ttfn! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment